Pilot briefing Malta Airport
Malta ATC Positions
|Malta ACC West
|Malta ACC East
||122.775 / 133.625
Flight Simulator X
Flight Simulator 2004
Find the latest AFCADs at library.avsim.net by clicking here (https://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=lmml&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View)
Directions issued by ATC should be followed at all times. Radio transmissions must be brief, concise and kept to a minimum consistent with operational requirements.
On the movement area, aircraft will be cleared to proceed under direction from ATC and pilots are reminded of the importance of maintaining a careful lookout at all times especially on aprons. ATC instructions will specify the taxi route to be followed.
Use of Runways
RWY 13/31 IFR Preferential Runway Scheme (IFR PRS)
The RIU selected in LMML shall be RWY 31 from 0600 LT to 1800 LT and RWY 13 from 1800 LT to 0600 LT (Current time Malta: 07:22)
Requests by pilots for departure and landing on the runway reciprocal to the declared RIU will not be allowed except in cases of emergency, urgency or priority landing.
The IFR PRS on RWY 13/31 is not applicable when:
- the tailwind component for the selected RIU exceeds 8 KT in dry conditions;
- the tailwind component for the selected RIU exceeds 5 KT in wet conditions;
- The crosswind component exceeds 25 KT in dry or wet conditions. In these conditions RWY 23 or RWY 05 shall be declared as the RIU, with RWY 31 or RWY 13 available for Code E/F operations only;
- Wind shear has been reported or forecast or when thunderstorms are expected to affect the approach;
- The runway is closed due to pre-notified events.
LMML 300445Z VRB02KT 6000 NSC 19/18 Q1012 TEMPO 5000 HZ
Based on the current METAR report and preferential runway scheme,
are currently in use.
Intersecting Runway Operations
Unrestricted operations on RWY 13/31 are allowed when aircraft have been cleared for take-off from RWY 23 intersection R
The minimum horizontal radar separations are:
- 5NM, in the Malta ACC WEST Sector including the Luqa TMA; and
- 10NM in the Malta ACC EAST Sector.
Transition altitude / Transition level
|977 - 995
|995 - 1013